Monday, April 2, 2012

Chopstick Vase

The other day, my mom gave me a pack of chopsticks. I don't eat Chinese food very often- and when I do, I use a fork, so I thought long and hard about what to do with this little fellas. This is what I came up with:

A chopstick vase! I figure it will look cute with some silk flowers sticking out of it.
See the big pile of chopsticks?! 

I sorted them by color and alternated gluing them around the Almond Roca can. It didn't take too long at all. I think it's a pretty unique piece - and my mom was pleased to see that I had used something she gave me!!

This post is linked to Show It Off Mondays and
 


Making






2 comments:

Julia said...

Once upon a time, in another life, when I was a teacher... I once made shelving units to store student work, out of chopsticks and thick foam board. And a little bit of tape, of course.

The parents thought it was genius, and it saved my life, metaphorically speaking of course.

I love reading what you put together. The vase is so cute! <3

*~* Julia *~* http://beautifullywhimsical.blogspot.com *~*

Anonymous said...

simply stopping by to say hey