Thursday, April 19, 2012

Thrifty Thursday #13

     It's that time of the week again- when I show off all my newly acquired treasures! This week I only hit 2 thrift stores. The first one I was moving through pretty quickly so I could make it to the second one before picking up my son from school. But I did find this nice frame- never been used. I plan to use it with the fabric I bought last week and some buttons and make a little something.:)

I also got this game- I have never heard of it before, but I love word games!! We'll be trying this bad boy out on our next Family Fun Friday (somehow I'm thinking that the rest of my family isn't going to find it as much fun as I will).
     The second store I went to is relatively new to the area. I've been there three times before with no luck, but I was willing to give them another try. Boy, am I glad I did! I found old books and old sewing patterns- two items that I can't pass up!

Five patterns for $2- all from the sixties!



Five old books for $2- such beautiful covers and graphics!
I have quite a collection of these old books. I need to find a neat way to display them in my living room.


This one is my favorite!

     Quite a haul this week- thanks for stopping by and God bless.
 shabby creek cottage

2 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE those 60's patterns ! I don't sew , but I wish they still made clothes in those designs! Classic. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment . I really appreciate it :)

Milady said...

Melanie here! I absolutely loved this piece, please email me--I have a question about your blog :) MelanieLBowen[at]gmail[dot]comirearae consimue