Monday, May 28, 2012

Notebooks Made from Vinyl Records

     I hope everybody had a nice and relaxing Memorial Day. I would like to thank all those who have served our great country.

     My hubby took our boys to see a movie today, so I used the quiet time to try to clean up my craft space. I was hoping I could make some progress in an hour, but it wound up taking me three. I do have to say that it was worth the time; I now have some table space to work on!
     While I was cleaning, I found this project that I started, but hadn't finished,so I took a few minutes to complete it so I could share it with you guys. It's a notebook with a vinyl record for a cover.


I cut a piece of chipboard for the back cover to 5 1/2"x 8", trimmed some graph paper (used a regular paper trimmer on the graph paper and chipboard cover), then cut my record to the right size (using a box cutter, ruler, and lot's of muscle. Important: place something beneath the record such as a cutting board as you don't cut your table. Also, it will take many swipes with the blade before the record cuts.). For the first one, I bound it with my Bind-It-All.

This is what the inside looks like. I chose graph paper because I thought it would make a unique notebook.

For the second one, I wanted to show you another way to bind it just in case you don't have a Bind-It-All and want to make a notebook like this. I used my Crop-A-Dile to punch the holes in the record and inside pages, then used office rings to bind it.

I think I like this one better.
You could also use the album cover and trim it for the notebook cover- or use it as the back cover with a record as the front cover. This option allows you to add or remove pages.
As you may have guessed, I got the records, the graph paper, and even my Crop-A-Dile at the thrift store!


On another note, we went fishing on Saturday and my oldest son, Sam, caught this monster bass. He was so tickled. He wasn't looking forward to going, so I'm glad he caught the first (and biggest) fish of the night.

This little ball of trouble is my younger son, Ethan. He LOVES to go fishing. He has quite a competitive nature and takes his fishing very seriously. I love watching him reel a fish in- he gets so excited!

     Thank you all for stopping by and God bless.

     This post is linked to Brassy Apple, My Girlish Whims, and Craft-O-Maniac.




Today's Creative Blog
 

2 comments:

Kim said...

I love this idea! What a great repurpose and totally groovalicious!

Thank you also for stopping by to comment on the candaliere! You are so sweet!
Kim@reposhture.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

What size wire did you use with the bind it all? And how many graph sheets did you use? Thank you! It looks great!