Thursday, May 10, 2012

Thrifty Thursday #16

I had a slow week thrifiting-actually it was a busy week with everything else! So here's a peek at somethings I picked up last week.                  
Surprise, surprise! An old book- copyright 1942. It gives instructions on how to take care of different kinds of patients. Being a nurse, I found this one interesting.:)

Old records- in great shape. I remember having my own record player and several records like these when I was young. My favorite record was "Shut-up-a-ya-face." Anybody remember it?
Anyway, I've seen different projects using records, so I'll be challenging myself with these soon.

I often take a gamble buying an old game. They're almost always taped shut, so I don't know what I'm getting inside. As long as it looks old and isn't more than a dollar, I'll usually get it. Sometimes I can get an idea of what the game pieces are by looking at the back of the box. Unfortunately, the back of this box was blank.

Much to my delight, this is what I found when I opened it! I love playing cards and Bingo cards- these are like a mixture of the two. Plus the red playing chips are a perfect size to use as embellishments for scrapbooking. Score!
     Thanks so much for stopping by and God bless. Happy thrifiting to you all!
     This post is linked to Cap Creations and





52 Mantels



Photobucket
 

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I take gambles on the $1 items too. You never know what you might get. Sometimes one little piece in the box is worth that dollar. I remember my parents playing Pokeno with their friends. I never played so don't know how.

Stacey said...

I love when I find good stuff!
Thanks for linking up this week!
Stacey of Embracing Change