Friday, June 8, 2012

Flowers for My Hair

     Yay! It's Friday at last! My son and I just finished up his online school yesterday- I don't know which one of us is more excited to be done:)
     I have an easy tutorial to show you today. I got this idea from a friend (Thanks Wen!).
It's an easy flower clip for your hair.

To make it you'll need
a felt circle about the size of the top of a soda can
fabric glue- I use Fabri-Tac
a length of rosette trim- got mine at Hobby Lobby
an alligator clip for your hair (mine has a flat top)
glue gun

Using your fabric glue, start gluing the rosettes along the outer edge of the felt circle. About half of the rosette should hang off the felt.

Keep gluing around the edge until the circle is complete. Then leaving one rosette attached, trim the rest of the tail off. Glue this last rosette to the center of the circle.

This is what it will look like.
The last step is glue the alligator clip to the back side of the felt circle using a glue gun.

Ta-da! Doesn't that look easy? I just love wearing flowers in my hair. It makes me happy:)

Thanks for stopping by and God bless.


 
 

1 comment:

hidden art of homemaking said...

thank you for visiting my blog..I like this idea for the flowers..I am expecting a first granddaughter in the fall so I have saved this on Pinterest. :-)
Mona