Monday, June 11, 2012

Map Covered Letter

     Hello out there in Blog Land! I just have a quick post for today: I recently picked up this chipboard letter at Hobby Lobby.  I'm making it for a friend, hence the letter choice of "F" for her last name.
     I have mentioned before how much I LOVE crafting with maps and I thought this letter was begging to be covered with a map. My friend loves to go to Colorado, so I went through one of my old atlases and tore out the Colorado page. I covered the letter with Mod Podge and laid the map on the wet glue. I pressed all around the letter to make sure the map was nice and flat. Then I took a small piece of sandpaper and sanded all along the edges which gently separated the overlapping map. Then I cut narrow strips and glued them all around the edges to give the letter a finished look. (The letter is a little more than a quarter inch thick so the chipboard would have been pretty noticeable if I hadn't covered it.)
     This is what I got. All I need to do is add a picture hanger to the back and she can hang it up with photos from her skiing trips!
     Imagine how cute this would be if you got enough letters to spell out a word and covered it in map?! Cute, cute, cute!
     Thank you for stopping by and God bless.
   

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding.
                                                                                     Proverbs 3:5


This post is linked to Making the World Cuter and















2 comments:

Karla said...

Oh I love this. I hadn't considered covering it in a map. It looks great though. I may just have to be a copy cat on this one. :)

Jenny said...

How long did this take you? I'm considering it as a craft at my daughter's Amazing Race party- 11 year olds. I only have about 30 minutes to spare for a craft.