Thursday, June 28, 2012

Thrifty Thursday #23

     Top of the Morning to you all! (read with an Irish accent)
     My thrifting this week brought in mostly books, but wait til you see them!
     My favorite thrift store was having a book sale again- all books for a dime! I love it when they do that!
I totally fell in love with the Castaways in Lilliput. The cover underneath is in great shape, but I will even use the jacket for something- love that picture! I think I'll read it before I cut it up.
The book on the left is only 4" x 6 1/2"- I love the compact size. I think it will make a cute little scrapbook.

I got these Reader's Digest books simply for their covers. I mentioned before that the ladies at our church have a scrapbooking group and we'll be making a recipe themed album with these. I now have enough that everybody will be able to choose their own cover color.

I love this cover with the butterflies.


These books are from the sixties. I just bought them cause they're cute and old. 

     My hubby and I were the last customers on the last day of an estate sale on Saturday. I got an old atlas, this rockin' old map, and the book below for only a quarter! After seeing the few items that were left at the sale, my hubby and I wished that we would have gotten there earlier.
Copyright 1962. Beautiful condition. Don't know what I'm going to do with it, but I am a proud owner:)

     Thanks for stopping by and God bless.

Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
Hebrews 11:1

     This post is linked to Craft-O-Maniac.

No comments: