Friday, August 24, 2012

A Weekend Retreat

     Last weekend was my annual "Girls' Weekend" with two of my very close friends. Every year we venture out to someplace different. We've spent weekends in Corpus Christi, Fredricksburg, and San Marcos, to name a few. This year we stayed local and made reservations at Premier Estates, a B&B in Wallis that caters to scrap bookers. My, what a treat!
We stayed as part of a group of twelve, but the house accommodates up to sixteen. They have two rooms set up for crafters complete with sixteen 3'x5' tables. Each table has its own lamp, cup holder, and trash can.
All meals were catered and were fantastic! We were served dishes like Cream Cheese Stuffed Strawberry French Toast, Avocado Wraps, and Asian Salad. I tried things that I've never eaten before and I loved them all! 
The ladies who ran the B&B would get the tables set with our meals and come and get us to eat. Then they would clear our dishes afterwards.
There were plenty of snacks and a fridge full of sodas and waters in case we felt like snacking.
It's such fun to get spoiled like this:)
 

The B&B was a house built in the early 1900s. I just adored it. Old houses have such charm! I loved all the nooks and crannies like you see here.
 
The ladies who run it have decorated it with beautiful pieces like this. It's done in just the way you'd think a B&B should be:)
 
     Over the weekend, I was able to complete three mini albums made with old book covers (like these) and work on a few layouts.  My friends and I had a great time and we were so glad that we got to try out this place.

     I treasure my time with these two ladies. We met back in nursing school in 1998. We set up study groups and carpooled together. We've been with each other through the births of three children (two of them mine), a marriage, numerous job changes, and children leaving the nest. I am blessed to know them.

     Thanks for stopping by and God bless. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.


For the Lord is good; His mercy is everlasting,
and His truth endures to all generations.
Psalm 100:5
 



1 comment:

Desire Empire said...

It's lovely to get together in such a nice place with great friends and to able to craft together s a bonus.
Carolyn