Thursday, August 2, 2012

Thrifty Thursday #28

     My thrifting adventures have been greatly curtailed this summer as we only have one working car. During the school year, I dropped everybody off and picked everybody up (which actually took nearly 2 hours every day!), so I had wheels to run my errands. Now that it's summer and the boys are home, my hubby takes the car to work. It's too far to ride my bike to the thrift stores and I'm afraid if I ride my bike to yard sales, somebody will think it's part of the sale. Besides, my basket isn't big enough to carry much anyway. :)

     So, the other day I was running to the grocery store and I saw a yard sale sign. Much to my son's dismay, we had to check it out. When we rounded the corner, there were actually two yard sales. I only spent seventy-five cents at the first one.
This record makes me want to find a record player. I figured my hubby would like it- ok, and I probably will, too. When my boys were little, we would put on an old Johnny Horton CD and march around the living room in tune to the music. The boys loved it!

I will never pass up an old reading book-especially when it's only a quarter!

At the second yard sale I got my deal of the day- old metal folding chairs. They were marked at $3 a piece. I decided I'd take one. The lady of the yard sale offered me a deal- all three for $7.
I reasoned that since we had family coming over that evening for my son's birthday, I really needed them.
(I plan to spray paint them.)

Then I spotted these flippers which were in great condition. I got them for my boys. We'll have to plan a trip to the beach before summer is over to try them out. They want to try them out in their uncle's backyard pool. . .which should be interesting- it's only 12 or 15 feet across.
My older son immediately claimed the green ones and said his brother could have the pink ones. I informed them that the flippers aren't pink, they're faded red. . . :)

Thanks for stopping by and God bless.


I sought the Lord, and He heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.
Psalm 34:4


This post is linked to Apron Thrift Girl.

1 comment: