Thursday, November 15, 2012

Thrifty Thursday #43

     I had a couple of projects in mind when I headed to the thrift stores today, and believe it or not, I actually found the items I needed for the projects. What are the odds? :)

 
One of the projects I'm planning to make is a cake stand, and I found this lovely plate for fifty cents. It is about 11" across, so it has lots of room.
It's plastic, though, and I've only done this with glass plates, so we'll see if it works.

 
I got these two unique little glasses for a quarter each (even though one was priced at $.75. Sometimes the checker at my favorite thrift store gives me a deal without my asking. I guess it's because I'm a frequent flier there.)
I'm going to use the one on the right as the base for my cake stand. Eventually the one on the left will have the same fate. I usually use candlesticks as a base, but I think these will do just fine.

 
This little bowl was not on my list, but I couldn't pass it up. I think it is just beautiful. I even spent more than I usually do on my china pieces- this was a dollar, but I just had to have it! There were several matching pieces, and I was very tempted by them all, but this is the only one I brought home.

 
Yes, this is an old rickety rake and it was on my list. Wait 'til you see what I have in store for it!
Not raking, although my 12 year old was using it to rake leaves out front while he waited for me to come out to the car tonight. Made me wish we had a little more time so he could really have accomplished something!
 
 
This beauty was not a thrift store find- I was actually given it by a friend. It's so pretty. I think I may turn it into a coffee table.
 
 
Thanks for stopping by and good luck on your thrifty adventures!
 


Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace,
 that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in the time of need.
Hebrews 4:16


This post is linked to Apron Thrift Girl and My Repurposed Life.



3 comments:

Paulette said...

Looking forward to see what you do with the rake..

Unknown said...

Okay, I'm curious about your plans for that rake!

I love that bowl! I would have grabbed it too. I find I'm really drawn to that style--elaborate black & white drawings with the bits of smudgy bright colors--I love it!

Pam said...

Don't you just love thrift stores and Goodwill? I love them.