Wednesday, May 29, 2013

This Post Is Brought To You By The Letter N

     In lieu of Layout of the Week, I am going to show you a photo display that I just completed.
     I've been working on decor for a graduation banquet and needed a way to display the graduate's baby photos.

 
I knew that I wanted to put the letters in the shape of the graduate's first initial. I went to Hobby Lobby and got the biggest letter I could find- it's 18" tall and is wooden.

 
I started by painting the edges red (his school color).

 
I had already made copies of all his baby photos and changed them to black and white. Then I placed photos here and there until it was all covered.
I adhered them section by section so I could make sure my spacing was right. It's like building a puzzle only you're making the puzzle.
Some of the photos overlapped the edge of the wooden letter, so I just used a sanding block and sanded the edges until the extra photo paper came off.

 
Here's a view from the side- the red edges add some pop. I think I like that better than if I had just left them the wood color.
 
This idea would also work for a birthday party decor or would even make a nice Father's Day gift!
 
Thanks for stopping by and God bless.
 
For who is God, except the Lord?
And who is a rock, except our God?
2 Samuel 22:32
 
 
 

2 comments:

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

I LOVE this idea! It is perfect for any gift occasion! Found you on the What's It Wednesday Blog Linky Party and following you via Bloglovin'!

Anonymous said...

What did you use to adhere them?