Friday, June 28, 2013

It's In The Bag. . .

     I am sooooooooo excited about today's project! It's something that I've wanted to do for awhile, and it was so easy. I don't know why I put it off for so long!

 
How cute is this purse?
I don't mean to toot my own horn, but beep, beep!

 
Before you start thinking that I must be some kind of mega-seamstress, let me tell you how I made it.
I bought a pre-made handbag and some rosette trim from Hobby Lobby.
Then I used some material that I had at home to sew a ruffle.
I have never sewn a ruffle before. I followed the tutorial here.
 
 
The tutorial said to cut your material as wide as you want the ruffle to be and twice as long as you need the ruffle to be. I cut my material to 3" x 28".
After I sewed it into a ruffle, I used hot glue to attach it to the purse. The purse is made of jute and has a plastic lining, so I figured the hot glue wouldn't hurt it. It didn't.
Then I attached the trim by placing hot glue behind each rosette.
Note: I only attached trim to one side as I thought the side that I carried against my body would rub and the trim would start to look worn.
 
 
Ta-da! That's it! Now I have my summer purse!
The best part- it didn't even cost $8. I used my 40% off coupon on the handbag and the rosette trim was 30% off (and I have some of that left over!).
That, my friends, is what I call a good deal!
 
Thanks for stopping by and God bless.
 
Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good!
For His mercy endures forever!
1 Chron. 16:34
 
 

No comments: