Monday, November 18, 2013

Mini Album Monday #19- Thankful Tag Album

Every other Monday I try to show you a different mini album.
In scrapbooking, mini albums are by far my favorite thing to make! I love that you can just gather your supplies, sit down, and in a few hours have a completed project.
 
Today I'm going to show you a very simple tag album with a Thanksgiving theme.
This would be very easy to reproduce for your own family.

 
I started with four pieces of chipboard measuring 3"x 6".
I angled the top edges to make them look like tags.
Then I covered each page with a different pattern of Thanksgiving themed paper.
As an alternative to using chipboard, you could use double sided pattern paper.
 
 
I used small strips of cardstock on the edge of each tag.
 
The page on the left says, "In everything give thanks."
The page on the right says, "Our family has so much to be thankful for..." then it goes on
to list a few things.

 
Everybody had their own page. On each page, I included a small photo of each family member.
For the journaling, I gave everybody a piece of elementary school handwriting paper 
and they wrote what they were thankful for.
Then I cut their responses into strips and adhered them to their tags.
 
 
To write the names and the title of the book, I used a combination of rub-on letters and letter stickers.

 
The back cover is covered with pattern paper.
I punched holes in the top of the tags and bound them with an office ring.
Finally, I added a few pieces of ribbon for a dash of color.
If you decide to make an album like this, be sure you add the year this was made.
 
That's pretty easy, huh? You could even include your extended family and make your book longer if you like. Or if you have a family of three, you could use the fourth page to place a family photo.
 
This will be fun to bring out every Thanksgiving to read throughout the years.
 
If you like this idea, you may want to go here to see  a gratitude journal that I made
 last Mini Album Monday.
 
Thanks for stopping by and God bless.
 
Blessed is every one who fears the Lord, who walks in His ways.
Psalm 128:1
 

No comments: