Thursday, December 19, 2013

Thrifty Thursday #97

I have been so fortunate to get to go to several estate sales in the last month and a half.
I just LOVE estate sales!
This particular estate sale I found by a happy accident. I had just gone to pay a bill, so I was on the opposite side of town than I usually frequent. I was headed for the freeway when all of the sudden,
I saw a sign in a yard.
It was just what I needed to brighten my crazily busy day!
(That's right. I was super busy, but not too busy for a quick stop into the sale:)
 
It was so worth my stop because I got something that I've wanted for awhile. . .
 
 
a big beautiful old crock!
It's 12" across and nearly 6" deep. Isn't it so beautiful?!?
It was actually priced higher than what I usually spend- $15- but when I texted my hubby, he insisted that I get it. He knows how much I've wanted one. Sweet fella, that guy! :)

 
My mother-in-law had one that I loved.
She's actually the one who inspired my love for vintage dishware.
 
 
I fell in love with this darling platter.
It's nearly 12" long and 9" wide.
It was only a dollar.
You do not even know how much I love to bring baked goods to church on old platters.
Seriously. :)

 
I got this worn out tater masher for about a buck.
I may use it to make a photo holder like this.

 
I also got this old tarnished knife.
See how the handle is perpendicular to the blade? So sweet.
I'm hoping to learn how to make silverware jewelry,
and I think this fella would make a beautiful bracelet!

I doubt there will be any sales this weekend with it being almost Christmas, but if you happen to find one, I hope you get some good stuff!
 
Thanks for stopping by and God bless.

Happy are the people who are in such a state;
happy are the people whose God is the Lord!
Psalm 144:15

This post is linked to The Dedicated House, My Girlish Whims, and Junkin' Joe.

2 comments:

Susan @ SunflowerHugs said...

I love it when you can find a surprise sale and then find something you have been wanting!

The Cottage Market {Andrea} ♥ said...

Here's wishing you and yours a New Year that is filled with Love...Compassion...Health...Joy....Faith...Friends...Family...Charity...Humanity...Insight...Happiness...Insight...Peace and Inner Peace! Also we wish you all that is good in the world because YOU are special! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!