Thursday, February 13, 2014

Thrifty Thursday #104

I wandered out last Saturday morning and drove around the neighborhood looking for yard sales.
I found one which made it worth my while.
 
 
I spotted this tower of silver trays as I walked up the driveway.
I don't know what they are, but I like them!
They were only fifty cents.
 
 
They're smaller around than dinner plates.
They come apart and each one is like a little cake stand.
Two have flower patterns and two have heart patterns.
I'm thinking about painting them.
Anybody know what they are?

 
At the same sale, I saw two large lacy items sticking out of a garbage bag.
I assumed they were lacy table cloths.
At a dollar each, I was super excited with my find- especially noticing that they seemed
new- no stains.
I got home and opened them up for a closer look. It turns out they are curtains, not table cloths.
Oh well, a pretty purchase either way.:)

 
I only found a few items on my weekly thrift store stop.
 
This saucer is pretty with its white flowers.
I got this for fifty cents for my friend who is planning a plate display covering one of her walls.
This will be a lovely addition to that.

 
I got this beautiful table runner for a dollar.
It has a very small stain in the center, but the embroidery work is fantastic, so I got it anyway.

 
I got  this narrow silver platter for a dollar.
You just never know when you'll need a silver platter.
 
I wish you all luck with your secondhand shopping this weekend.
 
Thanks for stopping by and God bless.
 
The Lord is my strength and song, and He has become my salvation
Ex. 15:2
 
 This post is linked to Embracing Change, Today's Creative Blog, and 52 Mantles.

2 comments:

The Speckled Hen Cottage said...

Great finds! Have no idea about the tower of metal things, maybe some type of food dryer? Love the curtains~~~

Unknown said...

I found your blog through the Link Party Palooza. You have a great blog :) I love yard sales too, looks like you had some great finds! -Meg, from www.willwork4cupcakes.blogspot.com