Monday, April 7, 2014

Mini Album Monday #27- Month by Month Album

Every year I make a month by month scrapbook to document what my family does during the year.
 I prepare the book at the beginning of January so that at the end of every month,
I can print off the photos I took and put them in this album.
 
I'll be honest. . . sometimes I get a month or two behind, although I always catch up!:)
Here's a look at my 2014 album. . .
 
 
I cut a file folder in half on the fold line for the front and back covers.
Then I used some papers from the Simple Stories Snap Life Collection.
This line worked great as it has all kinds of products
for documenting the year- and I love the color scheme!

 
I used a pack of page fillers that are actually made for a smaller album. I like the pop of color and randomness that they add to the album.
Doesn't it look fun?!? :)

 
Each month has a clear refill page (originally made for a photo album)
that fits two horizontal 4"x 6" pictures.
I placed two cards in each pocket: the top pocket contains the card that names the month.
The backs of these cards contain a quote.
The card in the bottom pocket is a journaling card for the month. I place this part to the back and let the pattern paper face out so it acts as a mat for a photo.

 
See the page on the left- it's the back of the photo filler page with the quote at the top and the journaling card at the bottom.
On the journaling card, I write what went on during our month.
(All I do is copy down this info. from our family calendar.)

 
For each month, I added a piece of kraft cardstock measuring 6"x 11 1/2" so that 
I have lots of room for photos.
I also added an envelope which is a 8 1/2" x 11" manilla envelope cut in half.
I always like to have lots of room to add extra mementos.

 
I followed the same scheme for every month.
I add as many photos as I can- usually just one photo per event though.

 
See how nice and full it gets?

 
When I add the photos, I try to add captions for each.

 
Here are some photos of the upcoming months so you can get the idea without my family photos getting in the way.
This is the intro page for April.

 
As you turn the page, you can see on the bottom left that I have a card to write the goings on for the month. Next, there's a decorative page just waiting for photos.

 
After that page, there's the blank kraft cardstock ready for photos.
That page turns and there's a large envelope to place fun stuff in.
 
That's it.
I find that when I prepare an album like this, it's easy if I just follow a pattern throughout each month. Notice that there's nothing really fancy about it either- just a file folder, some photo album refills, kraft cardstock, and a few pieces of pattern paper.
I try to keep things simple:)
 
If you like this idea, you can go here and see some of my past year in review albums.
 
Thanks for stopping by and God bless.
 
And my soul shall be joyful in the Lord; it shall rejoice in His salvation.
Psalm 35:9
 
 This post is linked to Skip to My Lou, Plucky's Second Thought, and The Dedicated House

4 comments:

Jeanette said...

Girl - you are just so creative! Love this! I got a Project Life kit for Christmas and really need to work on it. Your album reminds me of that! I think I'm going to take a day off soon and spend the entire day in my craft room working on it!

Jess said...

This is such a cute project!

Thanks for joining the Link Up this week!

Audrey said...

Your album's look like so much fun. I wish I had the patience to do that. Used to, but not any more.
Blessings,
Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

Lisa | A Merry Mom said...

I love this idea! I need to make one of these month-by-month albums to keep up with everything as it happens!