Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Layout of the Week #86


I'd like to challenge you to make a scrapbook page.
It's so easy to put off. Believe me, I know.
But you'll feel so good after you get some photos scrapbooked.
I can help you with this challenge.
Follow these few easy steps, and in less than an hour, you'll have a page completed.
 

 
Here's the layout we'll be creating.
Yours will look similar, but not exact as you'll be using your own supplies.

 
To complete it, you'll need:
one 12"x 12" piece of cardstock
two pieces of pattern paper measuring 3 1/4"x 12" and 1 1/2" x 12"
letter stickers for the title
journaling card (I used a circle punch on graph paper to make mine)
3-4 embellishments
4 vertical photos
optional: stickers in your theme and 2 types of decorative tape

 
To start, adhere the two strips of pattern paper about 1" from the bottom of the page.
 
 
Crop your photos to measure 3" x 5 1/2".
Adhere the first photo along the top edge of the decorative paper.
Place the second one next to the first about 1/2" lower.

 
Place the next two photos as shown.
For the third photo, I actually cropped two pictures to the same size as the other photos.

 
Place your journaling cards to peek out behind the tops of the photos.
Your journaling cards don't have to be circular like mine- squares will work as well.
I tucked mine slightly behind my photos.

 
Place your embellishments as so- one at the bottom of the first two photos.
Then two along the top of the photos.
I used chipboard shapes covered with ledger paper. Then I added a word sticker to each one.
 
 
Place your title in the lower right corner using your letter stickers.
I placed part of my title on a chipboard camera shape.
Optional: place two strips of decorative tape along the bottom left edge of the decorative paper.
 
That's it! How'd it go- did you take my challenge?
Let me know how it went:)
If you enjoyed this, stop by every other Wednesday for a new layout tutorial.
My goal is to help you get photos scrapbooked while using up supplies that you already have.
 
Thanks so much for stopping by and God bless.
 
Blessed is the man who makes the Lord his trust
Psalm 40:4
 
 This post is linked to Ivy and Elephants, Tatertots and Jello, and My Girlish Whims

1 comment:

Lana said...

I'm so behind in my scrapbooking. Thanks for this tutorial - I'm going to do it this weekend!