Thursday, May 1, 2014

Thrifty Thursday #115

Well, today I have one of my favorite features. . . Thrifty Thursday.
By now, I'm sure that you all know how much I love buying secondhand treasures. The only thing I like better than that is getting those treasures for free!
It's hard to believe, but this week I actually got two gems- for absolutely nothing!
 
 
My next-door neighbor had an old door in his driveway with a "Free door" sign.
You know that I headed right over to get it.
It's solid wood and heavy.
I've already washed it and sanded it. I can't wait to paint it.

 
The second item truly rocks.
It's an old film projector- a Kodak Brownie 300 Movie Projector to be exact.
 
Look- the elevation knob still works. See the little feet on the bottom right?

 
Here are the directions printed on the inside cover.

 
They flip up to reveal another page.

 
It has its own snap on cover.
I totally love this.
I got it from a friend at church who found it while he was out and about. You can go here and see the other awesome finds that he has scored for me.
 
Can't beat this week's finds. Awesome, old, and free.
Gotta love it.
 
Thanks for stopping by and God bless.
 
You shall be blameless before the Lord your God.
Deut. 18:13
 
  
This post is linked to Junkin' Joe, Be Different, Act Normal, and I Heart Naptime.

2 comments:

Jeanette said...

What great finds! You lucky dog you! You could do so many things with that door! And the camera.....swoon!

The Speckled Hen Cottage said...

FREE! The best kind of finds~~~