Friday, April 8, 2016

Beach Shadowbox DIY

My brother visits family in Fort Lauderdale three or four times a year.
It feels like a second home to him.
The first time he visited, he brought back lots of seashells and quite a bit of sand.
I thought I'd make him something to remind him of the place he so loves. 



I started with a 5"x 7" shadowbox.



I removed the backside and poured sand into the bottom 2/3 of the frame.
Then I filled the rest of the space with small seashells.
 

I added a tag that I stamped with "My own piece of Ft. Lauderdale Beach."
 
I sure wish I had collected sand and shells from all the places we've been.
Wouldn't several of these look cute on a wall with vacation photos?
 

The weather is getting nicer- it's been in the 80's all week here.
We're heading out for a three day camping trip this coming Sunday, so the weather will be perfect.
Our boys are 16 and 14. I was just telling my hubby that we need to enjoy what few family vacations we have left before they leave home!
I hope you all enjoy your weekend.

Thanks for stopping by and God bless.

Stand still and consider the wondrous works of God.
Job 37:14

 This post is linked to Embracing Change, Life With Lorelai, Artsy Fartsy Mama,
Tatertots and Jello, and Pretty Handy Girl.

3 comments:

Deanies Stash said...

This is awesome!

Crystal Mendez said...

How cute! I bet your brother loved it! Thanks for sharing at #HomeMattersParty Hope to see you back!

cleo said...

Very nice project, I wonder the name of the font you use for the little label. thanks for sharing
cleo