Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Recipe of the Week #216- Wiener Winks


Wiener Winks
8 hot dogs
8 pieces of bread
8 pieces sliced American cheese
4-5 Tbsp butter
16 toothpicks

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter all eight pieces of bread and place them butter side down on a cookie sheet. Place one piece of cheese on each piece of bread. Place the hot dogs diagonally across each piece of bread. Fold up the two corners opposite the hot dogs and lay them across holding them with two toothpicks. Bake until the bread is golden and the cheese is melted.

This is such an easy and fun meal. I first ate these back in elementary school in Iowa. I loved them then, and I love them still. These are always a hit with my family.

Thanks for stopping by and God bless.

Stand still and consider the wondrous works of God.
Job 37:14

2 comments:

Julie's Lifestyle said...

I never had hot dogs this way but it sure sounds good.
TFS this at Cooking and Crafting with J & J.

Jess said...

ha! Such a neat idea!

I would love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for recipes, crafts, tips and tricks: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!