Thursday, April 28, 2016

Thrifty Thursday #213

My hubby and I went to an estate sale recently.
Last week I showed you what we got the first day we went.
I insisted that we go back the final day to pick up a few more things
once the "last day" discount started.
I actually had a list of things that I wanted to get if they were still there.
It turned out that several of the items had already sold (an old toolbox and a typewriter)-
both were cool, but I didn't want them at the price that was marked.

Without further ado, here are my finds from day two of the estate sale. . .


How cool is this spool?!?
I love the graphics on it.
I'm going to have my hubby remove the 2x4 from the top.
Then I think we can add a piece of glass and turn it into an end table.


Don't you just love the graphics?
It was originally $25, but I got it 40% off, so I paid $15 for it.
My hubby loves that it still has the rope on it. He's hoping to put that to use.


I also picked up these baby booties.
There were a total of four pairs.



I've seen different projects using vintage booties on Pinterest and I can't wait to try some of them.
I got all four pairs for $9.

That's it. A pretty good haul for two days, I think.
Thanks for stopping by and God bless.

The Lord is merciful and gracious,
 slow to anger, 
and abounding in mercy.
Psalm 103:8

2 comments:

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

The spool is awesome. I like the idea of making it a table.

Sharon@bluewillowhouse said...

Love your idea to turn the spool into a side table. Please share it with us when you do. The little leather baby booties are adorable and I can't wait to see what you do with them.