Thursday, October 21, 2010

Scrapping on an envelope

Here's another idea for utilizing envelopes in scrapbooking.
I grabbed one of the white 9 x 12 inch envelopes leftover from the last project I discussed. I ran one line of stitching about 3/4 of the way down (second picture) to keep my items from falling too far down in the envelope. After choosing which side I wanted to be on front, I covered it with a piece of ledger paper, a couple pieces of pattern paper, and a few photos. I added a title and hand stamped some journaling. I chose to use this for our Father's Day photos. The cards that the boys made went right in the pocket. This is the first time I've made a layout focusing on Father's Day. My favorite part, other than the few cents that it took to make this, is that the cards fit right in the layout. Maybe I'll start a tradition of envelope layouts for Father's Day- just using a different envelope every year!

No comments: