Saturday, August 14, 2010

The Gold Standard of Yard Sales



I love going to yard sales and thrift stores looking for goodies that I can use for crafting. Today was an awesome day- as a matter of fact, it was a gold standard of yard sale shopping. I scored a vintage typewriter for $2. I got 2 good size wooden shutters for $1 each (they will possibly become message centers). I also got this rockin' park bench chair for $5. How cool is this? I also got one of those old fold out rulers for a quarter! Don't know yet what I'll do with it, but the possibilites are endless!


Believe it or not, my hubbie and kids came with and they had a great time! The boys found 2 pairs of nunchucks and asked if they could get them. Not wanting to be the bad guy, I told them to ask their dad. He let them get them! I really thought he had my back on this issue:)

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Ooooh! I love yard sales and all of the treasures one can find there. Good job on getting the vintage typewriter for $2. Nice. Thanks so much for your sweet comment on my blog. It's very much appreciated! I'm also glad you like your sunshine print. Have a lovely day. ♥