Friday, February 22, 2013

Scrabble Word Decor

     I often find old Scrabble games while I'm thrifting, and they're never more than a dollar, so I always pick them up. Needless to say, I now have several sets of Scrabble tiles.
     If you happen to have an old Scrabble board game, take a look at this cute and easy project. If you don't have one, take a look anyway. It may make you want to find one!

 
I spelled out a word, glued it to the letter holder, and placed it on a shelf.
These days, you can't find home decor any cheaper than this:)

 
You can spell out any word that you'd like.

 
All you need to make this is:
Scrabble tiles
Scrabble tile holder
E-6000 glue
 
 
I even made a set for a friend who is getting married.
I didn't know when I made these, but Scrabble happens to be their favorite game!

 
You could make these as gifts- think how cute "Teach" would be for a teacher!
They would also be cute for any type of shower- baby, wedding, housewarming. . .
 
If you're wondering what I did with the boards that came with the games, go here to see.
 
Thanks for stopping by and God bless.
 
He restores my soul;
He leads me in the path of righteousness
for His name's sake.
Psalm 23:3
 
 
 

4 comments:

aimymichelle said...

i always pick them up because i am gonna make christmas ornaments with them and they are cheaper at the thrift store then they are on ebay.

Gail Wilson said...

I love scrabble, so of course I love the tiles and racks. I use them frequently in my projects too!
gail

scrabble cheat said...

I grew up around Scrabble – my mom would play it when she got around friends and family, and they let me play every so often

genius786 said...

Scrabble Game is for those people who want to practice English Words and also Scrabble sprint Game is for those people who want to learn new words. Many parents want to teach their kids by playing games and Scrabble sprint is a word game. So, If they have free time to play they can enjoy scrabble sprint game anytime free.