Thursday, February 2, 2012

Thrifty Thursday #2 with a Tutorial

     On my thrift store rounds this week, I only picked up a few things. I got a 6 pack of photos from the 1950s for a quarter! It's a nice set of someone's baby turning one. Don't know yet what I'm going to do with them, but I couldn't just leave them there in the store.
     I also found this pretty glass plate for $.75 and this tiny vase for $.25. I went home, washed and dried them, then prepared to make a raised dessert tray. This is such an easy project. I've done it with small China plates and glass candlesticks as well.
You just apply some E600 glue to the lip of the vase (or you could use a candlestick).

Stick the vase to the center of the bottom of the plate.
You'll need to leave it upside down for about a day before you use it.

Voila!


      I thought this would make a nice hostess gift. If you get invited over for dinner, you can bring dessert on on of these babies, then let your hostess keep the dessert plate. A cute (and inexpensive) way to show your thanks!






No comments: