Friday, June 21, 2013

Plate + Glass= Plate Stand

     I really wanted to show you my distressed black chairs today, but I'm still working on them. They aren't quite looking the way I want them to yet. . . just about, though.
     Instead I'm featuring a quick and easy tutorial that requires only a decorative glass and a pretty plate- oh, and some E6000 glue.

 
I made this pretty plate stand and it took only moments.
These are so fun to make because you can pair together a plate with anything to give it height- a small vase, a candlestick, or a pretty glass.

 
This is how it looks from the side.

 
I used one of these plates. I love the little turquoise flowers.

 
And I chose this pretty brown glass. I thought it coordinated nicely with the brown in the pattern on the plate.
I got both the plate and glass at the thrift store. You can see that post here.
This project didn't even cost me two dollars.
 
If you want to make one, all you need to do is glue your two pieces together using E6000 adhesive. Then allow 24 hours to dry.
 
You can use this as a cake or dessert stand or you could use it to hold your bracelets. I think it would make a darling display for a craft show or would be a nice hostess or housewarming gift.
 Cute, huh?
 
Imagine if you used a plate or vase that once belonged to your grandma.
What a treasure that would be!
 
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! Thanks for stopping by and God bless.
 
Pleasant words are like a honeycomb,
sweetness to the soul and health to the bones.
Proverbs 16:24
 

No comments: