Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Recipe of the Week#149- Enchilada Soup

Enchilada Soup
1 1/2 lbs beef
1 15oz can diced tomatoes
1 28 oz can enchilada sauce
1 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 15 oz can corn, drained
1 cup sliced zucchini
2 Tbsp lime juice
1 med. onion, chopped
4 oz green chilies
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper

In a large pot, brown the beef. Place meat and all the other ingredients in a crock pot and let simmer until heated through. The longer you cook it, the better flavor it will have. Serve with chips, cheese, or sour cream.

Note: I omitted the green chilies. There's just something I don't like about them:)

This soup was fantastic. I don't know why, but if you add zucchini to a dish, I just love it! This is such an easy dish to make- it would be good for a potluck.

Thanks so much for stopping by and God bless.

I will sing to the Lord as long as I live;
I will sing praise to my God while I have my being.
Psalm 104:33

This post is linked to Natasha In Oz, My Girlish Whims, and It's Overflowing.

No comments: