Thursday, March 22, 2012

Thrifty Thursday #9



     I was very excited with my load of china ware this week. The 2 cups to the left in the top photo, I set aside until I can figure out what I am going to do with my growing collection of teacups- a cute lamp, perhaps?
     The 2 cups to the right are going to become part of a fun project I have in the works (these and other cute containers like them are going to become crafty tool organizers! I plan to make one in blues and one in greens). All these beauties cost only fifty cents each!
     I also found some cute little plates. Conveniently, they coordinate. Because they have the decorations on the outer lip, I plan to use them as photo frames. Stay tuned for that project!
     I simply cannot pass up reasonably priced little china plates. I am the only girl at my house which means, I don't get to do a lot of frou-frou things, but I try. My hubbie and boys aren't as charmed as I would like them to be when I serve them their dessert on little gems like these!

     This post is linked to Shabby Creek Cottage, Apron Thrift Girl and Beyond The Picket Fence




1 comment:

Julia said...

I collect teacups, too-- it started accidentally, when a former student gave me a gorgeous one as a "thank you" gift, and now I can't stop myself! I plan on eventually using them for dinner parties, so each person can have their own unique cup... but I'm very selective with the cups I choose, so this could take a while to get there.

From one "treasure hunter" to another, I love your blog, and I'm looking forward to seeing you around! <3