Friday, March 30, 2012

On My Craft Table Now

     I have been wanting to make my own Smash album ever since they came out, so I finally put one together! I used random papers for the pages- a large playing card, a paper sack, a Bingo card, a paint chip, sheet music, envelopes, and several pieces of scrapbook paper. It is done in a similar style to this book I made for my cousin's baby. Here's a peek at it.

I used an old book for the cover- I just cut the front and back covers right off the spine. I bound it with simple office rings so I can add more pages or change the order of the pages.
To add a little visual interest to the red paper to the left, I cut part of a heart out of an old dictionary page.

This smaller page on the right is the back of an old Bingo card. I put the front of the Bingo card facing to the back, otherwise it would get covered up with a photo. 
The map above is actually covering the back of a paint chip. I love the look of the different size pages.



Here is another album I whipped up. My friend asked me for a "Date Night" themed album, and I was excited to make one for her. This cover is a print of a Monet painting. I had gotten a pack of prints in the mail- some company mailed them out trying to get me to buy a print of the month. I didn't buy anything from them, but I kept the  4 or 5 samples they sent thinking they'd make great covers for a scrapbook! 
The back of the print had information about the artist and the painting itself. I just used scrapbook paper to cover all the print. 

The page to the right is a piece of sheet music folded up then sewed along the edges to make a pocket page. 
The final page is an envelope folded in half with lots of room to store mementos. 


      Thank you so much for checking them out!

This post is linked to  Show It Off Mondays, Happy Hour Projects and
Photobucket












4 comments:

Unknown said...

I've never seen a scrapbook like yours. They're amazing!! I stopped scrapping after I had my second baby. It was just too much to keep up with. Yours are so much cuter than I ever did. Thanks for visiting my blog. I hope you stop by again.

Shooting Stars Mag said...

oh these are adorable. I need to start scrapbooking more. I love these complete DIY scrapbooks though. Never tried one of those...

-Lauren

Shabby Marilyn said...

Very nice, my daughter loves scrapbooking, I will tell her about your blog! Thanks for the visit, I am your newest linky follower

Shauna K said...

visiting from Tatertots & Jello linky party- these are great! I need to create some smash books, they'd be great to have on hand to create a scrapbook whenever I need a new one :)