Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Layout of the Week #38- Using Fibers

     When I first started scrapbooking, I thought I had to have every new thing that came out. One of these passing fads that I jumped aboard with both feet was fibers. I got them in every color. I still have them sitting in a drawer- nearly all of them still brand new.:)
     If you still have a few- or a bunch- of fibers, get them out and try this layout with me. If you don't have any, feel free to replace the fibers with yarn or ribbons.

 
This is the layout we'll be creating.
 (Please forgive the angle of the picture; I couldn't get a shot from directly in front of it without the flash blurring out the photos.)

 
To create a layout like this, you'll need:
one piece of 12"x12" cardstock
pattern paper measuring 11 3/4"x 8 3/4"
letter stickers for the title
journaling card (if you don't have one, you can use an index card)
fibers (or yarn or ribbons)
stapler
ink pad
scissors
paper trimmer
adhesive
 
 
Start by using two strips of fibers at the top of the layout and three at the bottom. Adhere them by applying 3-4 staples on either side of the cardstock.
I used two fibers of the same color on the top and three different colors on the bottom. I also tied a knot about 1/3 way from the left edge with the three bottom ones.
 
 
Optional: I used my scissors to rough up the edges of the cardstock and pattern paper. If you like this look, just evenly drag the open edge of the scissors along the edge of the paper.

 
Then ink the edges of the cardstock and drag the ink pad across the cardstock a few times.

 
Now adhere your pattern paper under the top row of fibers.

 
Place your photos on the pattern paper. I used five photos in two even rows and trimmed them to fit on the paper. You can use fewer photos if you like.
Leave a space in the bottom row for the journaling card.

 
Place your title below the bottom right photo. Part of my title overlaps the photo.

 
Now place your journaling card in the empty space. See how the fibers give the layout texture and color?
I used fuzzy fibers which played up my theme of Fuzzy Critters, but you could use this for other themes like pets, knitting, or cuddling.
(the photo on the bottom left of the layout is too cute, isn't it- dontcha wish they could stay this little and innocent for longer? I miss those days!)
 
 
     For my Layout of the Week series, I try to come up with simple layouts using directions that are easy to follow. I usually post a tutorial every Wednesday. If you have gotten into a scrapbooking slump or simply just fallen behind, try my tutorial. You could complete one page a week!
 
     Thanks for stopping by and God bless.
 
Mercy, peace, and love be multiplied to you.
Jude 1:2
 
      This post is linked to My Girlish Whims, At the Picket Fence, and Happy Hour Projects.
 
 
 

 

No comments: