Thursday, December 27, 2012

Thrifty Thursday #48

     I hope you all had a nice Christmas. We sure did. It came in a rush and flew right by! I try not to get lost in all the busy-ness and enjoy the season. This year was different- it just didn't feel like Christmas. I don't know why. Maybe it was our extremely warm December or maybe it was that we didn't get to go to any Christmas programs or even a ride to look at lights (for the first year ever!).
     Anyway, it's back to usual now. I swung by the thrift stores while I was out running errands and this is what I found. . .

 
I got these three beautiful bowls for $.75 each. They're not quite big enough for cereal bowls, but they're so pretty, I couldn't not get them:)

 
I got two more dinner plates for my mismatched collection. These were a dollar each.

 
Here's a close-up view.
I used to never find plates this size, but I think I've brought one home my last three shopping trips!

 
A few weeks ago, I picked up a couple packs of these brand new Ikea gift tags. I used almost all of them on gifts, so I thought I'd pick up another pack. The lady behind the counter said it was fifty cents for one pack or a dollar for them all. Well, count me lucky!
I've got so many now that I'm going to have to come up with a project for them:)

 
Got this brand new clipboard for a quarter. I've seen different jewelry displays using clipboards, so I may try something along those lines the next time I do a craft show.
 
 
May you enjoy a little treasure hunting this week, too. Thanks for stopping by and God bless.


He is Lord of lords and King of kings; and those
who are with Him are called, chosen, and faithful.
Revelation 17:14
     This post is linked to Shabby Creek Cottage and Tater Tots and Jello.

1 comment:

Marium said...

Great finds! I'm intrigued about how to make a jewelry display out of a clipboard!