Friday, April 5, 2013

Mini Spool Necklace Tutorial

     Today I have a quick and easy project for you. . . shocker, I know (hee hee). If you have read this blog for any length of time, you've probably noticed that nearly everything I do is quick, easy, or quick and easy!

 
Today's project is a necklace with mini spools.
Are you thinking, "My that's cute- I'd sure like to make one for myself!"?
If you are, you're in luck. Here's a step-by-step.

 
You'll need:
three small wooden spools (can be found at a craft store)
18" necklace (I used a ball chain)
three different colors of embroidery floss
glue that dries invisible (Elmer's should work)

 
Take your first spool and put a tiny dot of glue on it.

 
Then place the end of your embroidery floss on the glue and start wrapping it around the spool.

 
Keep wrapping until the entire spool is covered.

 
Then cut off the excess floss. Place a tiny dot of glue at the end of the floss.

 
You can use the head of the glue bottle to firmly press the end of the floss into the glue.

Give it a little time to dry, then this is what you should end up with.
Now do it with the other two spools.

 
Place the spools on your necklace, and you're through!
How do you like that?
 
I'm thinking that if you'd rather use small scraps of scrapbook paper or fabric instead of the embroidery floss that would look cute, too.
 
If you like this project, you may want to go here
to see how I used these mini spools to make a bracelet!
 
Thanks for stopping by and God bless.
 
Judge not, and you shall not be judged.
Condemn not, and you shall not be condemned.
Forgive, and you will be forgiven.
Luke 6:37
 
 
 

    

2 comments:

aimymichelle said...

this is so cute!

Lol said...

This is such a cute idea!
http://itskellylife.blogspot.com/