Monday, April 1, 2013

Teacup and Saucer Candle Holder

     I have a weakness for cute teacups- especially when I can find one with a matching saucer.
  I never drink out of them as I am not fond of tea. They simply aren't big enough for my Diet Coke. Nevertheless, I have a small collection sitting in a cabinet.
 I think if I had a daughter, we would have regular tea parties. 
But I don't. 
I have two rough and tumble boys who cannot be convinced to do any such thing:)

     So, while browsing an awesome garage sale recently (I've been to this lady's garage sale before and she is the most awesome garage sale-er that I have ever seen! She has great stuff and actually sets it out nicely and sets up vignettes!), I found a beautiful teacup and saucer with little red flowers. I knew just what to do with them. . .


I turned them into a candle holder.
It was so easy!


If you'd like to make one, all you need is:
a teacup
a saucer
E-6000 glue
 short pillar candle or small cloche


Apply E-6000 glue to the bottom rim of the teacup.


With the saucer upside down, place the teacup glue-side down in the center of the saucer bottom.


Let it dry for 24hours.
You may want to place a stack of books on top- just make sure when you don't bump the cup and mess up the alignment.


Ta-da!


Then you can either add a cloche


or a small candle.

This would make a great gift for a friend or would be cute for party decor.

If you like this project, take a look at these other projects using little China plates.


I used them as frames.
You can see this post here.


I made some into a wreath.
You can see the post here.

Thanks for stopping by and God bless.

Do not forsake me, O Lord;
O my God, be not far from me!
Psalm 38:21



1 comment:

RoinLA said...

came here thru Roadkill Rescue. I had to tell you how much I love this post! So easy I can do it!