Monday, August 12, 2013

Mini Album Monday #10- Small Envelope Album

     Today I have another trip album to show you. This one went together very easily and quickly. I actually have a YouTube video showing how I made it. There is a link below.

 
This album is made of two envelopes measuring 5 3/4"x 4 1/4" 
and two pieces of pattern paper measuring 5 1/2"x 8 1/2".
It's pretty small in size- just big enough to fit in your hands.

 
 This is what it looks like when you first open the book.
 
 
Throughout I used some photos measuring 4"x6" and some wallet size photos. I actually fit 23 pictures in this tiny album!

 
The page on the left is an envelope, so I fit a journaling card in it.

 
This is the center of the album.
See the twine in the center? That's how I bound the book.

 
Because I used double sided pattern paper and a few border strips, I didn't have to add much in the way of embellishments.

 
When I make mini albums, I like to use different items as tabs which can be used to help turn the pages. Here you can see that I added a Tim Holtz clip to the upper left side and a small piece of Tim Holtz filmstrip to the top right.

 
On the left, below the photo, is part of a menu from one of the restaurants that we ate at.
I also used a butterfly paper punch to punch pieces out of the menu and used them here and there throughout the book.
 
The page on the right is the other envelope with a journaling card peeking out.

 
Here's the back cover.
 
 
Think you want to make an album like this?
 I have a YouTube video showing the steps. If you don't have exactly the same supplies, it's ok. Substitute them with something else. If you don't have any sort of border stickers, just use strips of pattern paper or washi tape.
For some reason, it doesn't show the end of my video so I'll give you the rest of the directions here:
To finish it off, you need to take the two small pieces of pattern papers measuring 5 1/2"x 3 1/2" (left over from the long strips that you cut for the inside pages) and adhere them to the front and back covers- the red and white stripes go on the back and the Adventure paper goes on the front. They won't completely cover the spaces, so adhere them close to the spine.
On the front cover, use the last border sticker strip and place it next to the pattern paper.
Now take ribbon that measures about 20 inches and place it about halfway down the cover. Use a couple of Glue Dots to hold it in place. It will wrap around the binding so you should have two long pieces that will tie at the right side.
Add photos and journaling. I even used a couple of tickets and a clip to have little extras hanging over the edges of the pages.
Add a title to the front. I didn't give instructions in the video for this so everybody could customize their own. I used a piece of ledger paper punched into a circle and placed some letter stickers on it. There are lots of types of pre-printed titles if you rather.
 
There you have it. Arent' mini albums fun?
I just love that I can sit down in a short time and document a specific event. I know that over time, I'll forget the little details. I think it's so important to get them documented whether it's in a mini album like this or a simple journal.
 
     I totally recommend that you get a notebook and write down your family's stories. You always think you'll remember, but if you do this, you'll be surprised at how much you would have forgotten had you not written it down. You'll find that it is worth the few minutes that it takes.
 
Thanks for stopping by and God bless.
 
For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
Luke 12:34
 

 This post is linked to Link Party Palooza, Making the World Cuter, Between Naps on the Porch, Craft-O-Maniac, and Skip to My Lou.
 
 

No comments: