Thursday, August 22, 2013

Thrifty Thursday #81

     My sweet hubby has been really good lately about offering to take me yard sale-ing
and I'm loving it!
     We went out last Friday morning, but didn't have much luck.

 
As we were driving through a neighborhood looking for sales, I spotted this chair at the roadside.

 
Far be it from me to let something like this with so much potential go to the dump. I hopped out of the car and tossed it into the trunk. My hubby said he wasn't for sure if the people were throwing it away. I explained that nobody puts worn out stuff at the curb unless they're getting rid of it. :)
Anyway, I'm super excited to revamp it!
 
 
We actually only found one yard sale in our area.
I got this small dish for a quarter. I held it in my hand so you could get an idea of the size.
 
Since we only got two things on Friday, my hubby took me out again on Saturday. Isn't he fantastic? :)
  Once again, we only found one sale worth stopping at.

 
We found this thing for fifty cents.
I don't know what it is, but I know I can turn it into something!

 
I spotted this heavy duty onion holder for a dollar. I thought my hubby could use it to grow herbs in his garden. He liked the idea.
 
We didn't even spend two dollars, but it was worth going out.
I hope you all enjoy your secondhand shopping this week.
 
Thanks for stopping by and God bless.
 
Shout joyfully to the Lord, all the earth;
break forth in song, rejoice, and sing praises.
Psalm 98:4
 
 

1 comment:

The Cottage Market {Andrea} ♥ said...

Love the chair and all your other finds! Have fun and TFS! : ) hugs...