Monday, March 9, 2015

Mini Album Monday #49- Single Envelope Album

Today's mini album is not a mini album in the traditional sense.
It's actually just an envelope with four large tags.


I made this album to document some of my husband's memories from when he was young.
I started with a 6 1/2"x 9 1/2" manilla envelope.
 

I opened the flap and lined it with an old book page.
Then I cut chipboard to fit along the inside of the front of the envelope to give it some stability.
I chose this pattern paper because I thought it had a seventies look.
When I placed the ribbons on the envelope, I stapled them on either edge.
 This not only attached the ribbons, but also gave my tags a resting place so they don't slip all the way to the bottom of the envelope.


My interior pages (or tags) are very simple.
I used ivory cardstock that I cut into the shape of tags. 
Then I used a scalloped scissor on the bottom edges. They measure 4"x 8".

Each tag has a photo with a caption that I had my hubby write
 so that this whole project would be in his handwriting.

Behind each photo is a piece of fabric. I cut up a hankie that had a retro print.

I placed two questions on each tag and left space for my hubby to write.
Here are the questions:
What did you do in the summertime?
What did your childhood bedroom look like?
What childhood story do family and friend still tease you about?
What family vacation was your favorite?


I tied a different type of ribbon on the top of each tag- one has twine,
two are fuzzy fibers, and the fourth is a strip of the hankie.

These questions say:
What did you want to be when you grew up?
How did you help out around the house?
What were you afraid of?
As a child, what was your greatest talent?
What was the nicest thing your parents ever did for you?

This project is very easy to re-create.
I love any project that has questions as journaling prompts.
This allows whomever you're featuring in the album to write down memories.
It also gives you a chance to record their handwriting.

This would be a fun project to do with one envelope for each member of your family.
Then you could bind all the envelopes with office rings.

Hmm. . . maybe that will be my next project. . . 

Thanks for stopping by and God bless.

The Lord is on my side; I will not fear.
 What can man do to me?
Psalm118:6

This post is linked to Between Naps on the Porch, Tip Junkie, I Heart Naptime, and It's Overflowing.

No comments: