Thursday, August 27, 2015

Thrifty Thursday #181

Last Saturday morning I only had a few minutes to spare, but my hubby and I quickly stopped into a church yard sale. I had high hopes for it, but it was mostly clothes.
I managed to find a few things.

The most interesting part of the morning happened on our way to the sale. I pulled out of a parking lot in front of a truck pulling a trailer. I felt I had enough time. I guess the driver didn't see me.
Before I knew it, I heard incredibly loud screeching of tires. In my rear view mirror, I could see the truck was right on my tail.  I hit the gas and sped out of the truck's way just in the nick of time.
I think God had his hand in between our two vehicles!
Boy, was my heart racing after that!


I got this plate for my friend who is wanting to hang plates on one of her living room walls.
It's 7" across and has such a pretty pattern.
I paid a dime for it, but I would've gladly paid the original price of fifty cents:)


Patterns were marked fifty cents each, so I picked up four.


I was delightfully surprised when I went to pay and was only charged ten cents apiece for them.
It wasn't even 11 a.m. and they were already marking down their prices.

All together I only spent fifty cents.
Time well spent.

Thanks for stopping by and God bless.

O Lord, our Lord, 
how excellent is Your name in all the earth!
Psalm 8:9
This post is linked to Embracing Change, Too Much Time On My Hands, and My Girlish Whims.

No comments: