Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Layout of the Week #117

Home school is back in full force around here.
Both my boys are in high school now.
My younger son is just a freshman, and it's taking him awhile to get used to this "high school thing."
In between bouts of his needing my help today, I was able to whip up a layout.


Here's the layout we'll be creating.


To make it, you need:
one piece of 12"x 12" pattern paper
four strips measuring 1/2" x 11 1/2" (you can use pattern paper or decorative tape)
one piece of pattern paper measuring 5 1/2"x 10"
two photos measuring 4" x 4 1/4"
journaling card measuring 4"x 3"
letter stickers for the title
3-6 embellishments in your theme
adhesive
paper trimmer
optional: one piece of cardstock measuring 5 3/4"x 10 1/4"


To start, adhere your long strips around the layout about 1/4" from the outer edges.
I used two strips of pattern paper and two strips of decorative tape.



For this next step, you'll want to adhere the last piece of pattern paper on the left side of the layout.
I matted mine on the piece of cardstock, then adhered it.
My pattern paper was very light, so I felt it needed a mat. You can skip this step if you like.


Center your two photos on the pattern paper.


Place your journaling card in the upper right corner.


Using your letter stickers, place your title below the journaling.
You can add your embellishments to the lower right corner of the layout (like my large question mark), at the top right corner of the top photo, and the top left corner of the bottom photo.
And we're done!

Cute and quick.
Once I had all my supplies gathered, this layout took me less than 10 minutes to put together.
Not too bad for a school day!

Thanks so much for stopping by and God bless.

Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due,
 when it is in the power of your hand to do so.
Proverbs 3:27

No comments: