Monday, September 21, 2015

Mini Album Monday #62- A Little Bit About Me Album

Often I stay behind the lens of my camera
which means I don't show up much in photos or on my scrapbook pages.
But I do know it's important to include myself in some way so I made this A Little Bit About Me book.

I'm not necessarily comfortable being the focus of something, but I think about how I'd love to have something like this featuring my mom or grandma, so I figure someday my boys will appreciate having this.



The front and back covers are an old file divider
(that I got from somebody who was cleaning out their office).


 The book opens downward.
It has eight pieces of white cardstock measuring 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" for the pages.
I used both sides of each page.
Then I punched holes in the pages and bound it with two ribbons.


 Each page has a journaling prompt followed by my answer.
This page says, "My favorite scripture."


 Although each layout is different, you can see that I kept the page design simple.

This page says, "Five random facts about me."


On some pages, I added a photo if it enhanced my journaling.
This prompt says, "A story that always makes me laugh."
Because my story included my boys, I used a photo of them at the time the event happened.


 Each page is white cardstock with a little bit of pattern paper added.
I used regular printer paper and graph paper to journal on.
This page says, "Five words to describe me."


I kept my embellishments simple, by using tiny flowers and decorative punches (like this butterfly).

This page says, "3 defining moments of my life."


The background of this paper is ledger paper on which I wrote my journaling.

The prompt here is, "Favorite childhood memory."



I layered this embellishment I started with a small scalloped circle, added a ticket, and topped it with a tiny stemmed flower. I adhered the flower with two pieces of decorative tape.

This prompt is "My hidden talent."


The last full layout includes two fill in the blank journaling questionnaires
 about "my childhood" and "before I was a mom."




The last page is "My lifelong dream revealed." 

You may have noticed that I only included four photos even though this album is eight double pages.
Because of the type of album it is, I think it still works. 

After going through this album, I'm thinking I need print off these questions for my mom to answer, 
then come up with a simple album to put hers in. . .




I used to teach scrapbooking classes and this was one of the classes I taught..
I'd come up with a mini album and make kits.
Then everybody left with a completed mini album (minus photos).
I forgot how much I enjoyed doing that until I got out today's album.:)


Thanks so much  for stopping by and God bless.


 The Lord has done great things for us and we are filled with joy.
Psalm 126:3

This post is linked to Tip JunkieBetween Naps on the Porch, 
Tatertots and Jello, and Skip to My Lou.

No comments: