Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Layout of the Week #130

I wasn't sure of what to do for this week's Layout of the Week until I picked up my photos. 
Once I saw the shots I got of my son on our recent mini-vacation, 
I knew I had to put all these silly shots in one place.


Here's the layout we'll be creating.
Yours will look similar, but not exactly like this as you'll be using products you have on hand.
Just follow these simple steps, and you'll have a layout done in no time.


To make it, you'll need:
one piece of pattern paper measuring 12"x 12"
one piece of pattern paper or cardstock measuring 11 1/2"x 11 1/2"
letter stickers for the title
five photos
letter stickers for the title
journaling card (mine is 2 1/4" x 3")
embellishments in your theme (I'm using a stamp with colored inks and large silver sequins)
paper trimmer
adhesive


To start, adhere the 11 1/2"x 11 1/2" piece of pattern paper onto the center of the 12"x 12" piece.


Trim some of the excess off of your photos.
Adhere the first three in a triangle as shown.


Place one photo next to the bottom one.
Then place your tallest photo at an angle to the left of the other photos.
I tucked mine under my other pictures; 
you can decide if you'd rather have your tall photo overlap the others.


Add your journaling card on the bottom left corner of the angled photo.


Using your letter stickers, place your title along the bottom edge of the bottom photos.

I used large letter stickers and adhered them to a piece of white cardstock, 
then cut out around the letters. I felt like it helped the title to stand out.


To finish it off, place one of your embellishments in the upper right corner of the layout.
 I used my word stamp and stamped three phrases using three different colored inks. 

Now add your embellishments here and there around the photos.
I used the large silver sequins.



That's it!
Wasn't that fun?

Did you notice that I used a floral pattern on the background of a layout about my son?
It added just the right pop of color and didn't take away from the masculinity of the layout.
I think it's because I paired it with a brick pattern.

I hope you enjoyed this as much as I did.
Come back every other Wednesday for a new Layout of the Week.

Thanks for stopping by and God bless.

And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; 
but the greatest of these is love.
1 Cor. 3:13

No comments: