Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Layout of the Week #133

Scrapbooking has been one of my favorite hobbies since my boys were little.
I don't get to do it very often anymore which is probably why I enjoy 
these Layouts of the Week so much.
It not only gives me a chance to document what's going on in our lives,
but allows me a little bit of time doing something I absolutely love.

So thank you for coming by to scrapbook with me!


Here's the layout we'll be making. 
Yours will look similar, but not exactly like it as you'll be using products you have on hand.


To create it, you'll need:
one piece of 12"x 12" pattern paper
one piece of 5"x 11 1/2" pattern paper
one strip of pattern paper or decorative tape measuring 5 1/2"x 1/2"
letter stickers for the title
three embellishments in your theme
2-3 journaling cards (I used three label stickers)
adhesive
5-7 photos


First, place the 5"x 11 1/2" pattern paper along the left side of the 12"x 12" paper.


 Start placing photos in a column along the left edge of the pattern paper.
I used three photos.



Now stack photos next to the first column leaving a 1 1/2" border along the right side.
I cropped my photos making them fit. 
You don't have to use as many photos as I did.
You can complete this look using fewer but larger photos.






 With your strip measuring 5"x 1/2", cut a notch out of one side.
Place the strip along the bottom right photo overlapping the blank space.


Using your letter stickers, place your title sideways in the blank space
 just above the strip of pattern paper.


Place your journaling cards above the title overlapping the top right photo.
I used three labels and cut the excess off the edge of the paper.



For the last step, add your embellishments.
Place one in the lower left corner of the layout (I actually grouped three arrow stickers here),
one in between your title and journaling cards,
and one in the upper left corner of the layout.

That's it- pop this completed puppy into a scrapbook!
See you every other Wednesday for a new layout tutorial.

Thanks for stopping by and God bless.

Gracious is the Lord, and righteous; 
Yes, our God is merciful.
Psalm 116:5


No comments: