Thursday, June 23, 2016

Thrifty Thursday #221

I got some very sad, disappointing news when I went into my favorite thrift store this week.
It's going to be closing at the end of the month!
I am so bummed!
It turns out that the owners own the secondhand shop next door and can only afford to keep one of the shops open. I wish they'd close the other one instead. . . .

Of course, there are several other resale shops in town, they're just not as good as this one.
It's clean and organized and run by senior citizens.
I'm hoping they'll bring those gals over to the other shop and let them work their magic.

Anyway, my finds this week are from two different trips to the thrift stores.
Ironically, the first three are from the other thrift store- not my favorite one.



I love vintage paper products and games.
Therefore, I simply cannot pass up a Bingo game.
While this one isn't too old, it had Bingo cards that can be used for projects.
It was only fifty cents.


I also picked up this awesome weather book from the fifties.


All the images look like pencil drawings.
I paid fifty cents for this, too.


I also found these lovely file folder labels.
They're old enough that the directions say, "Place this side in typewriter."
They were only a quarter.
I'll use these in scrapbooks and Junk Journals.

I got this wooden Lazy Susan for $4.
I can't decide if I'm going to turn it into a desk organizer like this
or if I'm going to paint it like this.


These plastic bobbins came in packs of three for ten cents.
I picked up two packs.
I thought they might look cute in a glass dish.

So, did you find anything good this week?

Thanks so much for stopping by and God bless

Seek the Lord while He may be found,
call upon Him while He is near.
Isaiah 55:6

2 comments:

Sharon@bluewillowhouse said...

Great finds this week I especially love the Bingo game and the 50's weather book. Thank you for sharing your finds at Vintage Charm.

Home on the Corner said...

So sorry to hear your favorite store is closing. I hate it when that happens! I do love the Bingo game though. My family plays it every Easter and Christmas and you win 'fabulous' prizes (usually dollar toys and such). Thanks for sharing your finds!