Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Recipe of the Week #234- Sinfully Simple Fruit Cobbler



Sinfully Simple Fruit Cobbler
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup whole milk or half and half
1 stick melted butter
2 cups fresh or frozen, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, or combination

Spread berries in the bottom of an 8"x 8" seasoned cast iron skillet.
Whisk together 1 cup sugar, flour, and milk until just blended. Whisk in the melted butter. Pour batter over the berries. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup sugar evenly over the batter.
Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until golden brown and bubbly.

My hubby said this is the best cobbler I've ever made. I've never made one in a cast iron skillet before. I love anything that I can whip up in five minutes!

Thanks for stopping by and God bless.

But as for you, brethren, 
do not grow weary in doing good.
2 Thes. 3:13
 

No comments: