Friday, July 20, 2012

Tutorial for Incredibly Easy Mini Album

     Happy Friday, my craft-loving friends! Today I'm going to show you how to make a simple, but very cute, mini scrapbook album. I love mini albums and I love envelopes- this tutorial combines the two.
All you need is
one 9"x12" envelope 
three pieces of double sided pattern paper
twine or ribbon 
an anywhere hole punch (or Cropadile 2)

Start by folding the envelope in half- this will be the cover of the album. To strenghten it, you can place 2 pieces of 5 3/4"x 8 3/4" chipboard inside the envelope on either side of the fold. Avoid the fold or the book won't close well. I cut up a cereal box for my chipboard.
Then seal the envelope.
Decide which piece of pattern paper that you want on the cover. Trim to fit. The paper I used already had the tags along the left side.  I just added the title and a couple of embellishments.

Cut the other two pieces of pattern paper to 8 3/4" x 11 1/2". Fold in half. Center on the envelopes and use your Cropadile or hole punch to make 2 holes on the fold. You can either hole punch them all at once or measure, mark, and punch them separately- whichever you are more comfortable with.

Then use your ribbon or twine to bind the pages in the envelope cover. Tie so that the bow is on the outside fold. (See top photo).

This will give you an album with 5 two-page layouts.

There's lots of room for photos.

Adhere your photos then embellish.

Didn't I tell you it was easy?

You can use the other half of the pattern paper left over from the front and place it on the back cover.

So, what do you think? Cute and easy, huh?

Thanks for stopping by and God bless.

Your word I have treasured in my heart that I might not sin against You.
Psalm 119:11


This post is linked to At the Picket Fence and











Photobucket
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
toomuchtime


3 comments:

ArtfullyJune said...

Great idea to make a quick and easy scrapbook.

Kim @ Too Much Time said...

Quick and Easy-just how I like it! I have that very same scrapbook paper too-I just adore it! Thanks for linking up at Get Schooled Saturday:)

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

very fun and cute! My daughter has been making some similar. great way to use up bits and pieces!
gail