Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Layout of the Week #69- Using Brads on a Layout

     Recently I came across my stash of brads as I was sorting some of my scrapbooking supplies.As most longtime scrapbookers do,  I've got them in nearly every color. I haven't used brads in . . . I don't know how long. So I pulled a few of them out to complete today's layout.

 
Here's the layout we'll be making.

 
To create it, you'll need:
one piece of 12"x 12" cardstock
two strips of pattern paper (measurements below)
one sticker in your desired theme (I used a circle punch to punch out a piece of pattern paper)
letter stickers for the title
small cardstock for your journaling
brads
adhesive
paper trimmer

 
Trim one pattern paper strip to 1 1/2" x 8" and trim the second one to 1"x 8".
Adhere them to either side of the cardstock 1/2" from the sides and 1 1/2" from the top.
I placed the thicker one on the left. No real reason for this other than to give it a little variety.:)

 
Trim your photos so they fit in between the strips. I used five pictures.
You could use four 4"x 6" photos as well.

 
Place your title in the lower right hand corner of the layout.
I slightly overlapped my photo with some of the letters.

 
Write or type your journaling on a small piece of coordinating cardstock. If you like, trim your journaling into strips. Adhere them in the lower left corner.

 
Now it's time for your one sticker--- or you can do as I did, and use a circle punch to create your own embellishment. I just chose the section of paper that I liked and punched it out.
Isn't that little haunted house cute?

 
Adhere it to the upper right corner slightly overlapping the right photo and paper strip.
Now to prepare the placement of the brads, use a push pin to pre punch your holes.
 
 
Place brads in the pre punched holes.
I also placed three brads next to my journaling.
TA-DA! Not too brad, huh?
 
If you'd like to get caught up on your scrapbooking or stay caught up, and you enjoy simple scrapbooking, please stop by every Wednesday for a step-by-step tutorial.
 
Thanks so much for stopping by and God bless.
 
Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you
Isaiah 41:10
 
 

1 comment:

Ivy and Elephants said...

Thank you for the layout. I'm just kinda getting into this, so I need a little direction. You page is so cute and inspiring.
Hugs,
Patti