Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Layout of the Week#66- Journaling Directly Onto Your Photos

     One item that always gets my attention when I'm looking at new scrapbooking items are journaling cards. I just looooovvvveeee cute journaling cards! But sometimes I don't have much to say on a layout. Sometimes all I really want to do is put a caption on each photo.
     Today in our Layout of the Week, instead of using a cute journaling card, we're going to journal right on our photos.
     This layout is one of the easiest we've done yet!

 
Here's the layout we'll be creating.
See how I wrote directly on the photos?

 
Here's what you need to create it:
one piece of 12"x12" pattern paper
one piece of 8 1/2"x 11" pattern paper
two types of decorative tape (or you could use two thin strips of pattern paper)
stickers in your theme
Sharpie marker
letter stickers or alphabet stamps for your title
paper trimmer
adhesive

 
Adhere the 8 1/2"x 11" piece of pattern paper horizontally along the bottom
of the 12"x12" pattern paper.

 
Place 2 vertical 4"x6" photos in a strip about one inch from the left edge of the paper.

 
Place one strip of decorative tape or pattern paper (1/4"x 12") along the left edge of the photos.

 
Place another strip of decorative tape or pattern paper (1/2" x 12") along the edge of the first strip slightly overlapping it.
 
 
Crop 2-3 photos and place them along the right edge of the first photos.
I placed the center photo slightly overlapping the two larger photos.

 
Using your letter stickers or alphabet stamps, place your title in the lower right hand corner
of the 8 1/2"x 11" pattern paper.
 
 
Using your Sharpie marker, write on your photos.
Optional: place a few stickers along the tape top left corner. You can also place them below the bottom right photo and in the upper right corner of the smaller piece of pattern paper. I even used a few small strips of my decorative tape along the top and bottom photos on the right.
 
That's it! Didn't I tell you it was easy?! :)
 
Thanks for stopping by and God bless.

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
Psalm 23:1
 

No comments: