Friday, September 13, 2013

I Heart Making Pillows!

Hey, happy Friday the 13th to you all!
I've never considered this a bad day- I was actually born on a Friday the 13th. :)
 
You know how how I've shown you a couple of pillows that I made and told you that I am on a pillow kick? Well, here's further evidence. . .
 
 
It's a heart button pillow!

 
I started by lightly drawing a heart on a piece of fabric (that I actually purchased at a thrift store). Then I used fabric glue and covered the heart with many different colored buttons. Over several days, I sewed on all the buttons. The fabric glue was just to keep them in place until I got them all sewn on. Once that was done, the piece of fabric just sat. . . for a long time. Until I started making pillows. Then I attached the red pom-pom trim to this piece, cut out another piece of fabric, and sewed the two together. Finally, I stuffed it- Voila!
 
If you'd like to see the other pillows I've featured, you can go here or here.
 
Thanks so much for stopping by and God bless.
 
Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things,
endures all things. Love never fails.
1 Cor. 13:7
 

2 comments:

Phyllis @Around the House said...

Love the pillows, the buttons are the sweetest ever, love the colors and the heart, love the whole pillow...Phyllis

Vague said...

I love the idea! Maybe something like this for our bedroom. The boys would just tear/rip the buttons off of it, were I too make one for the couch!