Thursday, September 19, 2013

Thrifty Thursday #85

     The other day, my boys and I had finished our P.E. at the Y, and I felt a little "thrifting" coming on. I figured since we just had a little fun for them, we could have a little fun for me:)
    I promised them a quick stop. They patiently followed me around as I picked up these treasures.

 
There were four boxes full of doll clothes patterns. I picked up a few.
This one is my absolute favorite!
Copyright 1956- it's for a Betsy McCall rag doll and clothes.
 
 
The one on the left has a copyright date of 1986; the one on the left says 1968.
Aren't they amazing?!

 
Can you believe these were only a quarter each?
I only wish that the thrift store personnel hadn't written on them in marker.

 
Copyrights 1956 and 1954.
I love the little nurse costume!
 
 
I got this leather belt for fifty cents. I've got just the project in mind for this guy.

 
I love these old patches. They were ten cents apiece.
Not for sure what I'm going to do with them yet.

 
The last thing I found was this paperback.
I love James Patterson; his books are such a quick read.
I started reading this yesterday, and so far I'm not impressed. I think he just lent his name for the cover. That's disappointing. Good thing it only cost me a quarter!
 
I kept my promise to my boys- it was a quick stop. I couldn't even squeeze in one more store because I used all my cash at this one. . . I didn't have as much money in my wallet as I thought!
 
Best of luck to you with your secondhand shopping this week!
Thanks for stopping by and God bless.
 
 
Seek the Lord and His strength; Seek His face evermore!
Psalm 105:4
 
 This post is linked to Shabby Creek Cottage, My Repurposed Life, and Junkin' Joe.

1 comment:

The Cottage Market {Andrea} ♥ said...

You have some awesome finds here! The patterns are so cute and there are so many crafts that are cool that you can use them with! Thanks for sharing! hugs...