Thursday, October 10, 2013

Thrifty Thursday #88

     I finally got to sneak away to the thrift stores.  Whoo-hoo, it felt good!
It was worth the trip, too! Take a look at what I found. . .


I spotted these plastic silver candlesticks for fifty cents apiece.
I got these because I am signed up to help decorate for our church Christmas banquet. I know, that's several months away, but this was too good of a deal to pass up!


I got these two books for fifty cents each. I am a big John Grisham fan and I've never read this one.
The First Aid book is from the fifties. . .


and I love the graphics!


At the second thrift store I went to, books were on sale for a quarter
apiece. . . I love it when they do that!
I got the book on the left to donate to the church library.
The one on the right is just for fun reading.


I picked up this hardback simply because it has an S on the cover.
It will make an awesome family themed scrapbook (our last name starts with s).


I found this new pair of BDUs for $7. I don't usually drop that much on one item, but my older son LOVES to wear camouflage. He had outgrown his other pair of pants like these, so I knew I had to grab these when I saw them.


I got this film reel for a quarter.
It's plastic, but still unique seeing as how film isn't really used anymore.


The final thing I found was this small cookie cutter. Every year at Christmas, my boys and I make gingerbread men. Our cookie cutter is much larger than this, so naturally I had to get this smaller one for gingerbread children.

I had the nicest time looking all around- I was all by myself and wasn't in any rush to get home. Sometimes that's all this girl needs to recharge. :)

Thanks for stopping by and God bless.

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!
Phil. 4:4

 This post is linked to Junkin' Joe and Embracing Change.

1 comment:

The Cottage Market {Andrea} ♥ said...

Lovin it all...but that film reel is AWESOME!!!! : ) hugs and TFS!