Monday, January 6, 2014

Is it a Door?. . . Is it a Couch?. . . By George, It's a Door Couch!

Sometime ago, I showed my hubby a picture on Pinterest where somebody had turned doors into a couch. Fast forward several months, my hubby started dragging out some of my old doors and proceeded to make me this. . .
 DOOR COUCH!

I was so excited!!!

I absolutely LOVE it!
Would you believe that we actually replaced our old couch with this?
We've had four adults sitting on it and it held up just fine.


My hubby placed a 2x4 across the back for extra support, then covered it with some trim. 
For the most part, he followed this tutorial to make it.

What do you think?

In case you're wondering why I had so many doors sitting around that weren't being used, I was lucky enough to have been given a set of six some time ago. . . for free!
Thanks for stopping by and God bless.
The Lord is righteous in all His ways, gracious in all His works.
Psalm 145:17

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Fabulous! I'm impressed for 2 reasons, 1- you actually had doors to use and 2- Your hubby made it for you. LOVE THAT

Well done, Melea aka
fabofrugalista.com